Work has started on the second last module – Port Dinllaen station (the throat will be the very last). After one hour’s work it looked like this – not too impressive – but lots of opening out and adjusting the… Read more
The Nantlle module has completed wiring and so now it can be placed into position. Because it is over some shelves, it had to adapted to fit with a single leg on the front. This revealed that the brackets were about… Read more
We have now got the two modules on the right-hand side complete – and so this is what they look-like when assembled. Both turntables work – powered by simple two function DCC decoders and Locomotech motors and gears.
Under Nantlle there is one point motor position where the hidden tracks are too high for a cobalt to fit “normally”. At this point I have used a 90 degree adaptor to allow the motor to be placed horizontally and… Read more
At 5pm today, the last section of track for Port Dinllaen lines was laid – at Trefor Junction. The “spike” was a screw and it was brass and not gold, but it still reprints a milestone after 4 years of… Read more
As I wire up, I have been dividing the track into DCC zones. Each zone has a circuit breaker and the basic design is twofold – to isolate areas under human and computer control so that a short circuit in… Read more
So after building the LCUT large signalbox as the maker intended, I was dissatisfied with the height – it did not look imposing enough. So I ordered some extra parts and added a scale 5′ “lift” to get it so… Read more